A Doumi (Helper) Program is offered to students to help improve language skills and better adapt to life in Korea. KLC students will be matched up with Korean Doumis who are students of KU.
- All students can apply to the Doumi program regardless of level. However, registration can close early depending on the number of Korean Doumi applicants. New students are given priority.
- If you apply for a Doumi, you must meet the Doumi once a week. Therefore, please do not apply if you are unable to meet this time requirement.
- The Doumi program matches a KU student with two or three KLC students. Request for changes in doumis is not permitted.
- You need to communicate with Doumis in Korean.
- Doumis are volunteer students, so please respect one another.
- If you are unable to meet your Doumi anymore, please notify the KLC Office.
- If you need to cancel or postpone a meeting with Doumi, please let the Doumi know in advance. If you are have problems contacting your Doumi, please let the KLC Office know.
- You are required to write a report of Doumi activities with your Doumi.
- You can apply online at klc.korea.ac.kr. When applying, write your name in English (as printed on your passport) and provide a contact number.